Sunday, January 12, 2014

Silver and Black Smokey (Cat)Eye Makeup Pictorial



This was the look I wore of New Year's Eve (which feels like a lifetime ago already and it's only been just over a week! wtf man?!) and I'm super happy with how this looks in person, so I figured I'd recreate it to make a post on it! I wasn't sure at first if I was going to make it a pictorial or just pictures of the finished look, but I took a leap of faith and made it into a pictorial! To be frank with you, the lighting sucks. But I was working with what I have, so I tried to make it work. Hopefully it isn't complete rubbish, so without further ado, my first pictorial on this look!

1. Start off with your prefered eyeshadow base.
I'm using e.l.f's and Maybelline's Fit Me foundation over it.










2. Using a black shadow put it in the outer corner of your eyes following the contour of your socket and slightly flicking it out to a wing.








3. Blend towards center of eye and extend the wing to your liking.









4. Add a shimmery silver on top of the black. Bring it in closer to the inner corner of the eye and down towards the lash line. 










5-7. Alternate between black and silver to blend the two colors together. Then tightline your upper waterline with a black pencil liner. From just past the center of your eye, draw a thin line outwards with liquid or gel liner.








8. With a light champagne color, blend the outer edge to soften it.








9. On the center of the lid, where there isn't any other shadow, use a silver glitter eyeliner and fill the space in.









10. Add two coats of mascara and you're done!!!












Products used: 


Ta-daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I really hope you guys liked this, and hopefully it was somewhat helpful! I do have to say that it looks a lot better in person, but that's usually the case with makeup posts I've found. Let me know what you guys think! Are you a smokey-look kind of person or nay? 

Lots of love~ Amanda

4 comments:

  1. WO W SO MODEL. WERK WERK WERK.
    I really enjoy this look! Definitely very appropriate for NYE. (I'm also surprised you don't have falsies on UR EYELASH SO FABS)

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY THANK.
      My main thought on New Year's was "GLITTER", and voila! (Sometimes they like to cooperate. And also that mascara is fab~)

      Delete
  2. LOVE this makeup look! I don't gravitate towards silver and black eye makeup but this look makes me want to experiment more! I'm about to run and follow you to see what amazingness you will come up with next!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd love to see you give it a try!
      I might just have to copy you and follow you back, you have a lovely blog ♥

      Delete