Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year everyone! The fact that it’s already 2014 makes my head spin, but I’m actually really pumped about this upcoming year! I know that for the past four months I’ve been inactive and excuses are pointless, but the good news (or at least I hope it would be taken as good news) is that I have a plan of attack, and am more prepared to post regularly. Part of the reason that I ended up only posting once a month was that it just didn’t feel right whenever I tried to make a post. I’d get the pictures done or I’d start it off really well, but then everything left me and I didn’t want to put out a crappy post just so I could have one, so none got posted. That being said, I think I’ve found a way to work around that and really get into blogging more! I’ve had this far-off dream/idea for the past year or so about starting my own YouTube channel (I’m not though, it’s just a dream), but whenever I think about doing it in my head I have this very concrete idea that on one day out of the week, like Tuesday, I’d post a beauty related video, and on Friday or Saturday I’d post a vlog. That way I’d be able to put out more content, but have more liberty at the same time. After thinking about it for a while I realized that putting that same idea into action for the blog would probably be extremely beneficial. I’d be able to expand the blog by posting more than just beauty, and I’d be able to have a more constant-stream in posts! So that’s what my plan is as of right now, obviously it’s subject to change, seeing how good I am with keeping my word (I promise I’ll get better…soon), but I feel good about this plan. It makes me excited to see what things I can come up with to talk about; both beauty and other (my side picture). I have some super exciting news coming up that I can’t tell just yet because I don’t have all the details, but once I do you’ll be the first place I post it. Even before twitter. But until then, I hope that you’ll stick around a little longer, and that I’m able to put out posts that you’ll enjoy and that are well put together.

Happy New Year everyone, I hope you had a fantastic holiday, and I hope you have a wonderful year! 
Lot's of love~ Amanda ♥

3 comments:

  1. PFT, it never feels right when I try to make a post either! You never know how people/the public will react to it, and to me, I never really think my posts are ever really good enough. (Basically my entire life is 'is this work good enough")(But anyways, everything is basically a gamble)(ANYWAYS, IRRELEVANT)
    I HOPE YOUR BATTLE PLAN IS SOLID, LADY, BECAUSE YOU'VE HAD 4 MONTHS TO DEVELOP IT. LOOKING FORWARD TO REGULAR POSTING ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My main problem is feeling like my posts aren't good enough or that what I want to post is really boring. It's also really bad when I look at other people's posts for too long in one day because then I start comparing my posts to theirs and it just gets me down. I HOPE MY PLAN IS SOLID TOO. ^_^

      Delete
    2. Hah, I think we all feel like that though. It's really easy to get disheartened, but as long as you've got a solid group of blogger friends, you'll just know you'll be ok :)

      Delete