Monday, February 17, 2014

MUSIC MONDAY | IIRIS


Hello there, lovelies!image So after some brainstorming, and stalking numerous blogs, I think I might have stumbled upon an idea that I can stick with! *crowd cheering* I decided to start a bi-weekly monday post featuring either a new artist or an artist that I absolutely love! I mean, it's not revolutionary and there are like, a bajillion blogs who have monday music-posts, but I really dig this idea! It's something I can totally get behind. Especially if I'm not doing it every week, I can really try to find new/indie/underground artists to feature!
That being said, for this first week I'd like to introduce you to IIRIS  image  I was introduced to her sometime in December through whoknowshow, but I absolutely fell in love with her song Tigerhead (below).

She's an Estonian singer/songwriter, and her vocals are absolutely breathtaking; live and recorded. She's genred as pop/electronica but has a very indie/dream/ethereal-wave sound as well. I like to listen to her songs as I do mundane work because she kinda sorta makes me feel like a fairy when I listen to her...






So give a listen and tell me what you think! Do ya dig her? If she's not your thing, or even if she is, leave me a suggestion on an artist/group you'd want to see featured, and I'll give them a go and maybe they will be! 
Lots of love~


2 comments:

  1. she does sound a bit like a fairy indeed!
    thanks for the intro to her. she reminds me of a somewhat autotoned kimbra.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up Kimbra and you're right! They have a similar voice, though Iiris's is lighter/higher pitched. Happy to introduce you!

      Delete