Monday, August 5, 2013

REVIEW: YesTo Tomatoes & YesTo Cucumbers Face Masks


Back for another review~ this time on these two YesTo masks. Both are purchased from Target (though I have noticed that depending on which Target I go to they'll either have only the YesTo Tomatoes one or neither...)

I've purchased the YesTo Tomatoes one before so when I got to go to Target this past week it was a moment of "OMG I need to see if it's in stock!!11!" Thankfully it was, AND the YesTo Cucumbers was there too so I figured I'd pick both of them up. So with that said, on to the review~

They Say: Yes to Tomatoes Clearing Facial Mask is a total deep pore treatment that refines, purifies and even moisturizes your skin, while keeping your complexion clean, clear and balanced. Filled with potent anti-oxidants that fight free radicals, and bursting with powerful sebum (acne-causing oil) absorbers, you'll be tickled red with this tantalizing treat!

Yes To Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask gives your tired skin that gentle moisture boost you've been searching for, leaving your sensitive skin soft, silky, and polished to perfection!

My Experience: First, I should clarify that the ones I buy are the single use masks, they sell full sized (at only 1.7oz/50ml for $15) as well but I can get 3-4 uses out of the single use ones, and the singles are only $2 a pop. Both are a thick, somewhat creamy consistency (I don't have any pics, sorry!) and you don't need that much to cover your entire face. I'll start with the YTT since it's become one of my favorite masks:

Directions are: Apply a thin layer to your clean, smiling face. Use a circular motion to thoroughly cover your face, avoiding your mouth and eyes. Gently wipe away with a damp washcloth after about 5 minutes. Refresh your gorgeous self with a splash of cool water and pat dry.

Like I said earlier, I can get 3-4 uses out of just one of these packets covering my entire face each time. It says to use a thin layer which is why I don't understand why they call it a single use packet... maybe just for marketing? Anyway, I apply this after I wash my face at night, rather than in the morning, and have actually noticed a difference the next day! It's non-drying, which is really nice, and 99% Natural, Petroleum, SLS, & Paraben Free, as well as Cruelty-free. After five minutes (as per directions) I wash, or rather wipe, it off with a washcloth, rinse once with water to get any excess residue off my face, and follow with my toner and moisturizer. I've purchased this at least three times already, so it's become a staple in my routine when I have it.

Now the YTC: This is the first time I've bought the ytc one so I wasn't sure what to expect. That being said; I'm not a fan.

Directions are: Apply a thin layer of mask to cleansed face avoiding eyes and mouth. Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water or with a damp wash cloth. Pat dry and smile.

I've used this twice so far from the packet I purchased, once at night and once in the morning, and both times: nothing. It's supposed to be moisturizing and refreshing but I didn't notice a change in my skin at all. It didn't feel any more refreshed or calm than normal and I'm kinda bummed. I figured since the YTT works so well this had to be somewhat good right? Apparently not. Like the ytt mask this one is also 99% Natural, Petroleum, SLS, & Paraben Free, as well as Cruelty-free. They're both the same texture and consistency, but this one just didn't do anything noticeable.

Price:
Target: $2 for a single use, $15 for full size
Drugstore.com: $15 for 8 count of the single use as well as $15 for full size
Amazon: varies
Ulta: not carried

Pros: YTT
-creamy
-effective
-doesn't leave skin dry
-only need a little to cover entire face

Cons: YTT
-hard to find single packets
-expensive for full size
-not a lot per full size compared to single use

Pros: YTC
-creamy
-non-drying
-only need a little

Cons: YTC
-not effective
-expensive for full size
-not a lot per full size compared to single use

Repurchase:
YTT yes. YTC no. I love the acne one because for me it actually does it's job, but the calming one did nothing. So I won't be repurchasing that one, but I'll most likely continue to repurchase the acne one, even if I find something else.

★★★ ★★ 5/5 for the YTT
★★☆ ☆☆ 2/5 for the YTC

------------------------------------------♥♥♥♥--------------------------------------------

Have you purchased either of these before? What were your thoughts on them? 
I hope you liked the review! Next week should be a Summer Hits and Misses post and the following week should be a Back to School post! Lots of love~

8 comments:

  1. If I can find a single sheet of YTT at Target, I will definitely try it out! ($15 is a bit steep for my broke a$$, heh) I need me some more 'natural' masks as they're less harsh on my dry acne-d skin :(

    It's a shame the cucumber one didn't work out, as I would've loved to try it out just for a cucumber-y scent...?

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, nomination for versatile blog award here

      Delete
    2. The 15$ one isn't even worth it really. I mean you can get three of the single ones for the same amount of product and save 10$. Hopefully this won't dry out your skin, so far it's been really moisturizing for me (:

      It didn't even smell like cucumber! (I also don't like cucumbers so this wasn't an issue for me LOL)

      (O.O am I still allowed to make a post if I don't tag people? Because besides you I don't have anyone to tag... T_T)

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, that's true, plus when am I ever going to use 15 masks several times? I'm lazy enough as it is when it comes to skincare LOL

      WHAT A SCAM--I like eating cucumbers, but I have a cucumber face wash and it smells the absolute worst...think it might just be that product though, as I really do like cucumbers LOL

      Do the post anyways! I love...being nosy and reading personal questions LOL

      Delete
    4. Okay fiiiine, I'll do the post~

      Delete
  2. seems pretty pricey but i've honstly never even seen a tomatoe face mask! Gonna check out my local store tomorrow for some haha
    lovely blog

    x

    http://www.rougesramblings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for a trial it'll be worth it, good luck finding it!
      Thank you~ yours is quite lovely as well ^^

      Delete