Monday, March 3, 2014

MUSIC MONDAY | HAIM

Hey y'all! So first of all, wow!!!! The amount of views on the first post is still kind of boggling my mind  There weren't any more comments BUUUT I'm okay with it considering I barely wrote anything on IIRIS...  But I mentioned her in my tweet on the MM post and she responded and she posted the blog post on her twitter image
(alright, I'm good with emojis) 

So with that fab start I'd like to talk about
 imageHAIMimage
(I totally lied about the emojis) 

So I might have literally just gotten into them, but seriously, they are the bomb diggity x100. I've heard about them for awhile now but for some reason I never thought to actually listen to them? I dunno what I was thinking to be honest, but I finally decided to check them out!
I have to say it was love at first listen image
I decided that the most logical thing to do was to put them on Spotify and then leave them on repeat for hours on end... it was actually quite pleasant haha

The band consists of sisters Este, Danielle, and Alana as well as Dash (drummer). What's fcking awesome is the fact that they all play more than one instrument; Este plays guitar and bass, Danielle plays guitar and drums, and Alana plays guitar, keyboards and percussion! Danielle is also the lead singer live and on the album!
Their album Days Are Gone came out at the end of September last year and I totally wish I could've hopped on the Haim bandwagon when it came out! They have a very cool mellow-rock sound but are totally jam worthy~
I have a small obsession with My Song 5 (below) and kinda sorta have that on repeat more than any other song. 
Unlike the other songs MS5 has a deep bass and awesome, consistent drumbeat, and  awesome guitar riffs that seriously, make this song my fav one of this year so far. I'm a total sucker for songs like these so this song definitely gets a lot of love from me! 




So, tell me what you think! Have you been a fan for a while, first time you've listened to them? Are you in loooove? As before, if not, or if you are, leave me a suggestion for another artist! 
Lots of love~ image

No comments:

Post a Comment