Friday, November 1, 2013

September/October Favorites!


Hello, all! (,, ・∀・)ノ゛ I'm finally back with a real post this time!!! I was actually shocked when I checked the date of the Autumn Tag post and realized it was almost a full month ago! I'm so sorry! I actually got quite far with my hair review but scrapped it in the end... but enough excuses; September/October favorites!

I picked this moisturizer up sometime around the tenth of October because I was out of my Olay one finally and was in the market for something new! And honestly, this is, as of right now, my favorite moisturizer that I've tried in the past couple of years. No joke. It's soooooo lightweight with a gel texture, and it soaks in fabulously! 

   









I'm not left feeling sticky or like there's something left over on my skin. And for my tastes at least it works for both a morning and night moisturizer. 


No. 01 Fair
I originally went into CVS to buy my usual concealer (L'Oreal True Match Crayon one) but the neutral one that they had left of their shelf looked like it had been messed with, even though it was unopened... so needless to say I didn't get it. I grabbed this instead! I feel that for the colder months this was a wiser choice as well. It's thick and has full coverage, but it blends like a dream and hasn't caked on me once yet!

I'm not too sure how their undertones work for their products, I'm kinda lucky with neutral skin so either warm or cool works on me. I'm definitely in love with this concealer though, for the $10 I spent on it, I don't regret it in the least. 


'Sole Mate' 
Okay, I might have a few gripes with this polish, but besides those this color is AMAZEBALLS. It's a deep red with hints of purple and I have been wearing it nonstop. The main gripe that I have with it though, is the fact that it chips like crazy! Even with a top coat it decides to just peel and chip after a day or two. UGH, the mani-maintenance just for this color. 









I got this blush right in the beginning of October after searching Target for about a half hour for a shade I liked. It's from Maybelline's Fit Me line for medium skin (No. 202 'Medium Coral') but it works really well on my fair skin as well! I tried to swatch it but it's more of a highlighter so nothing would show up haha. It's an orangey-coral with gold-tone highlight throughout and it works really nicely on top of another blush to give some definition! 










I bought this WAAAAAAAAAY back in the beginning of September (as per suggestion of Vanessa ಠvಠ), and I think I've been wearing it everyday since I bought it, too. It's super bright and pigmented, smooth, and easy to blend out. (Plus it doesn't hurt how cheap it is!) I just apply it with a Sonia Kashuk No. 113 Brush and the results are fantastic~ It was my first blush (EVER) and it was the most perfect blush to start with IMO. 


------------------------------------------♥♥♥♥--------------------------------------------
And we're finished! I hope you liked it, I know my posts need some improvement, but it's a work-in-progress! If you used or have used any products mentioned; how did/do they work for you? Any suggestions for products I should buy for winter? 
(I'm working on my blog design rn so please don't mind the awkwardness of it (*/ω\*) Do you guys like my background picture or should I go back to all white?)
OKAY I'M BABBLING ON
Lot's of love~
❄❄❄

2 comments:

  1. I SAW MY NAME AND I WAS ALL LIKE 'HRM? ʘ‿ʘ'

    I haven't tried any of those Maybelline blushes but I've been meaning to! There's plenty of shades to choose from, and I do like my blushes c: (HURRAY FOR LIKING THE WET N WILD BLUSH 8D)
    Everytime I see 'morning burst' I always assume it smells of citrus. Does it? Haha.

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;D

      This is the only one I have so far but I'm hoping the ones for fair skin will show up better/have more pigmentation. I'm starting to have a blush thing now haha (THANK YOU FOR SUGGESTING IT <3)
      It's infused with cucumber and green mango and it's not citrusy at all really. It's just really fresh and light.

      Delete