Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Next Step!


I'm back with some exciting new about my RYE!image

So back in January when I first found out what my country was, they told us that it would take anywhere from one to six months to find out the exact location and Rotary district that we would be traveling to. In February, when we had our little pow-wow at the ski lodge, we were told we should be finding out in the next couple of weeks (from the first weekend of Feb.). It wasn't until April 3, however, that I finally got the email and acceptance letter, and learned about where I'm being shipped off to in August! 

On August 8th, 2014, I will be heading to Aalborg, Denmark! 

That's only 120 days away! I don't even think I've fully processed that fact that I'm even doing this yet! It still seems like all of this is a dream, so when I do think about this seriously, I get all panicky and almost have asthma attacks. (Not even kidding)
I know this is still something I'm going to do, and I still want to do it, trust me. It's just the fact that I'm not a very independent person; I still rely heavily on my parents for "adult" things, and the mere thought of having to do things [primarily] on my own terrifies me! Like, Amanda can't ask for help at the store but she's going to Denmark in four months!
But that's all part of the process and I should be fine, yadda yadda. So I'm trying to just, look on the bright side of this exchange, and try to make the end of the school year good, and have an awesome summer with my friends, and try not to dwell on this trip too much

Aalborg looks beautiful and seems like a perfect fit for me, so I cannot wait to see it! I only know of my first host family as of now as well as my school. WHICH IS GORGEOUS. SERIOUSLY LOOK UP "AALBORG KATEDRALSKOLE". 

So... that's if for now, I guess. There's not much else I know. I've only just emailed my counselor and host family a few days ago, so I'm still waiting for a response. I have some ideas planned for posts to post before I leave and as a queue.

Lemme know if you would like to see any specific posts before I leave! I'm planning a 'what I'm packing' sort of series, but is there anything else you'd want to see?

Lots of love~ Amanda
image

7 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!! Congrats!! :-D I found out I'm going to Sønderborg! I still don't know exactly when I leave yet, but I think the first weekend in August. Have you got your first host family yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And congrats to you too! Sønderborg looks really pretty, and you get to be right on the water! I think a lot of people are leaving that weekend, or at least two other people I know who are going to Denmark. Did you get your acceptance letter and all? And I did! They seem really nice so I'm really excited to meet them. They're youngest (who's 18 too), just got back from an exchange in the States this past year!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Aalborg looks gorgeous as well! And I actually got an acceptance call haha. My first call was in October after my club level interviews, and then my second was after my district level interviews in December when I also found out my country haha. And that's so awesome your host sibling went on an exchange! :-)

      Delete
    3. The only time I got a call was when I was accepting after the interviews haha
      And I'm really excited about having someone who went on an exchange, I'm totally making him help me with my Danish, especially if he can speak English. :D

      Delete
  2. OHHAY YOU CHANGED YOUR BLOG LAYOUT :D
    Definitely want to see what you're packing as well as weekly(?) updates when you're there :D
    YOUR SCHOOL LOOKS LIKE A TOP NOTCH BOARDING SCHOOL-ESQUE LOOKING THING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the header, I'm still in the process DX
      I'm gonna try to do weekly, but I might make it monthly or put it into parts... idk haha
      RIGHT? LIKE I FEEL LIKE IM ABOUT TO JOIN SOME SNOOTY TV SHOW AND BECOME A PREP OR SOMETHING.

      Delete
  3. girlyy! you havent posted anything in may yet D: but i'm so excited to hear everything about denmark when you go, we're going to hang out loads before then. xo
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete