Friday, July 12, 2013

First Impressions: Maybelline's FitMe Foundation Shine-Free Foundation

FIT ME® SHINE-FREE FOUNDATION 110 Porcelain 
I bought Maybelline's new Fit Me foundation at Target the other day and have only been testing it for two days so no full review, just a first impression.

I do have to say that I bought this in about a shade too light by accident (apparently I have tanned a little, who knew?) so shade wise it's a little off, but that problem is easily fixed. 

They say: Fresh gel foundation blends to a flawless matte finish. Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil.

What I think after two days of use: It's not bad, but I do have some things I don't like. First, the foundation itself is a light - medium coverage (although buildable without getting cakey), and glides on nicely. I used my Sigma F80 the first time to blend it out, and then the next day I used my Real Techniques foundation brush (the one in the Core Collection), and both work quite well to blend out without losing product and having to put more on. What I found that I don't like is that although it's not cakey, it does like to stick to tiny dry patches on my skin (usually where blemishes were) and sits on the dry skin and won't blend out. The other thing I've found is that it doesn't seem to live up to it's shine-free name without me having put any shine powder on afterwards. Maybe this is a fault of my own, but unless I put powder on, in a couple of hours (less time than if I were to use powder or even a different foundation), my entire face is shiny! And I don't even have that oily of skin! I've heard really good reviews online from people saying that their skin was shine-free all day, and for me, the was so not the case. I obviously have to try it for a few more days, and actually wear it out (WaWa doesn't count), but my first impression isn't all that great.

★★★☆ ☆
Three out of Five stars for first impressions, hopefully that get's better but who knows.

8 comments:

  1. Heh, most foundations/concealers tend to cling to dry patches, I find. Unless it's a 'dewy' finish type.

    I feel like one of the positives of this foundation would be that I get to draw all over my face with it like a madwoman because it's a stick XD

    Also, could the weather have affected the oiliness of your skin?

    Good review nonetheless!
    Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, though I found this to stick, annoyingly, much more.

      I had so much fun putting it on before I blended it out haha I was a warrior princess for quite a bit (>y<)

      I was inside for pretty much the entire day besides a quick errand, but then again my house isn't the coolest, so definitely a factor!

      Thank you so much! (^///^)

      Delete
    2. OMFG, RITE? THAT'S ALWAYS MY FAVOURITE PART WHEN USING STICK CONCEALERS--I FEEL LIKE A WARRIOR PRINCESS BEFORE I BLEND THE PRODUCT OUT LOL

      Hrm, I guess this foundation is a bit iffy then. Do not want this foundation going shiny on my face :<

      (Also, I've followed back on BlogLovin'! C:)

      Delete
    3. I feel like if you use a really good shine and/or setting powder, the foundation won't go shiny as soon, or maybe at all. I tried it both (one day with powder the next without), and powder did help but I don't really like my shine powder all that much, so that's another factor. I'm going out tonight so I'll see how it stands against shopping haha

      (Thank you! I really like your blog ^ω^)

      Delete
    4. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR POWDER

      Haha,let me know how that wears out for you!

      (And thanks! ʘ‿ʘ)

      Delete
  2. Sounds very good...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like yours as well (:
      (and I followed on bloglovin, I like your outfits ^^)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow and your lovely comment.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    LOvely greets,hope you visit my blog again..

    ReplyDelete